Monday, October 8, 2007
"More of Him" Monday


Diana @ Sunshine on My Shoulders started a new meme last week called "More of Him" Monday. There are 2 wonderful topics to choose from, "Scripture Speaks" or "HIM in My Life". You can read more about "More of Him" Monday HERE!

Usually when our children disobey or fight amongst one another they are sent to the wall. Last month in our small local newspaper my husband found this scripture:
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord Hebrews 12:14.

He cut it out, made a copy of it and taped it to the wall. Now instead of our children just standing on the wall, we have them read the scripture too. I honestly must say, they have been spending less time on the wall and, they are still reading the verse off the wall! I have it on my refrigerator for myself! I must admit, I need the reminder too, not just my children.

Labels: , ,



14 Comments:

Blogger ... said...

i love it! it's a great reminder for all of us. and what a useful idea - to have scripture on the wall where your kids would have to read it while being disciplined for something. you could change the verse periodically so they learn more scripture.

thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Blogger Melissa Markham said...

Come play Crazy Eights with me!

http://www.melissaomarkham.com/2007/10/crazy_eights.html

Blogger Short Stop said...

I love this! What a great scripture to apply to discipline. I'm going to commit this one to memory! Thank you for sharing!

Blogger Mary@notbefore7 said...

Amber, I love this. I am just beginning to learn to more effectively apply scripture to discipline. I will have to use this one.

It blows my mind that your local newspaper prints scripture...wow!

Blogger Susan said...

What a great means and way to help your children fulfill the admonition to "Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee."

Love it, Amber!
Susan

I love this post!
I put you on my sidebar for tea on tuesday, feel free to invite your friends also.
WOW you did a post with me in it, I am honored and humbled, can't wait to see what it is. You are a great help to me, thanks, I am so glad to have met you.
Blessings Lori

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny...
Great idea!

Blogger Mrs. Breum said...

Don't mind me if I steal your idea! :)

Blogger 2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Looks like you've come upon a winner of an idea for moms of young 'uns. Would this work with giant teenaged kids???

Blogger Monica said...

I'll be putting this one up on fridge as well. Thanks for the verse!

Blogger Momma Roar said...

This is a great idea!!!

Blogger Lori said...

I agree with what everyone has said....great idea.
Why not have them reading and memorizing a verse while they are in time out.

I forgot to do this More of Him MOnday post again or actually haven't been on the blog much all weekend. I'm going to have to get busy working on it this week for next Monday's post.

Blogger Just Mom said...

FANTASTIC IDEA!

Blogger ChicoryChick said...

This sounds like a great meme! Thanks for spreading the word.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Previous Posts
Archives
Our Homeschool Curriculum
Blogs I Read
How Honored
Oh What Fun
Et cetera
Et cetera, Et cetera
Et cetera, Et cetera, Et cetera
Credits