Sunday, September 23, 2007
The Smell of Autumn
Yesterday my husband was mowing the lawn with the children, each one eagerly awaiting their turn. As they cut the grass for the last time this year, I sat on the porch with the the baby :B While sitting there I was enjoying the smell of the freshly cut grass and the crisp autumn breeze passing by. And the smell just brought back so many wonderful memories of fall when I was a child.

I am so thankful my children will finally be able to experience the true autumn season, raking up leave and jumping in....followed by a tick inspection. Warm toasty fires while roasting hot dogs and marshmallows. And hopefully a few camping trips:)



This little stroll down memory lane leads me to a haiku poem I thunk up all by my little old self for Melissa's Haiku Carnival....please, no tomato throwing.

Labels: , ,



14 Comments:

Blogger Just Mom said...

I like the haiku, and your memories. Happy Autumn.

BTW, I'm LOL at the :B

Blogger ... said...

i can almost smell the aroma of freshly cut grass. mmmmm. and nice haiku, too =]

Blogger Susan said...
Blogger Melissa Markham said...

I knew you could do it! And it was worth the wait! Thanks!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Freshly cut grass... I was mowing the lawn yesterday and the smell automatically takes me back to my childhood and those very long summer days where you played outside forever, barefoot with the cool grass squishing between your toes.

Blogger inspired said...

nearly the last cut of the year for us ;]

Blogger Lori said...

I love autumn too. I love the smell of freshly cut grass.

Blogger Momma Roar said...

BAH hahahahaha - just couldn't get past the :B What was the rest of the post about? ;-)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Autumn is in the air...

Blogger Mary@notbefore7 said...

You seriously used :B in your post...you are too much! ha ha ha! I'm with Momma Roar...what was the rest about?

(actually, i did read the rest...lovely job!) You are making me SO ready for autumn nights!

Blogger MorningSong said...

What is up with the :B craze all about?? Was this a chat room thing??? You girls are too much! haha

I love Autumn too! Enjoy the leaves and the tick inspections. :)

Blogger Mrs. Breum said...

I like your haiku! Pretty pictures. I love this time of year!

I love the Fall! Love all the word pictures... made me want to go sit on the porch swing with LucyLillie.
hehehe :B
Kinda' like Switching Sides? sdfjkglhsdjkflhgsldkjfhgklsjdhgf
Sure do miss Yahoo-ing with ya'!!
HUGS and smiles!
-J

Blogger Melissa Markham said...

Thanks for participating! After a scientific drawing (I wrote everyone's name down on a piece of paper and said for prize 1...and drew a piece of paper out of the pile), you are the lucky winner of 555 Timeless Cross Stitch Designs!. Email me your address and I will put it in the mail:)
MelissaMarkham@takethemat(dot)com


BTW, I would be most honored if you would add me to your list of blogs you read. Though I must caution you, I will probably be changing the title of my blog in the next 30 days;)

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Previous Posts
Archives
Our Homeschool Curriculum
Blogs I Read
How Honored
Oh What Fun
Et cetera
Et cetera, Et cetera
Et cetera, Et cetera, Et cetera
Credits