Saturday, September 8, 2007
By Curious George I Think I've Got It!!!
After much time praying and asking the Lord to guide me, I finally planned out a homeschool schedule that is working well for both me and my children. They love it, I love it and everyone is HAPPY!!!! So, here's the plan:

Mondays
  • Bible
  • Copywork (verses from the Bible)
  • Narnia Audio Books
  • Hooked on Phonics Master Reader (R & J)
  • Primary Language Lessons (A & M)
  • History
  • Handicrafts
  • Reading Time (mixed in above at various times)
Tuesdays
  • Bible
  • Math
  • Poetry & Literature
  • AVKO Spelling
  • Science-Botany
  • Arts & Crafts
  • Reading Time
Wednesdays
  • Bible
  • Copywork
  • Math
  • Intermediate Language Lessons (R & J)
  • Hooked on Phonics (A & M)
  • Geography Through Literature
  • Music- folk songs and hymns (nothing formal)
  • Reading Time
Thursdays
  • Bible
  • Copywork
  • Poetry & Literature
  • AVKO Spelling
  • Science- Botany
  • Artistic Pursuits
  • Reading Time
Fridays
  • Bible
  • Math
  • Poetry & Literature
  • Intermediate Language Lessons (R & J)
  • Hooked on Phonics (A & M)
  • Geography Through Literature
  • Music
  • Reading Time
Saturdays
  • Copywork
  • Math
  • AVKO Spelling
  • Cleaning (doesn't really count for school)
  • Children Cook Dinner!

In the past I would feel that if I wasn't doing 5 days of math OR 3 days of science, I wasn't teaching my children enough. I'm learning to LET GO and LET GOD! I don't feel like there will be any g a p s and my heart feels content.

I pray that we will have a peaceful year full of FUN and LEARNING!!!


I love it when a plan comes together! ~ Col. John "Hannibal" Smith (A-Team)

Labels: ,



16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, someone else who uses PLL and ILL. I love it. It does feel good to get it all worked out huh. We start on Monday and I just organized their stuff and put it on the bookshelf right next to our table. I think it will work great. I am excited. Hopefully the rest of the books come on Tuesday. Susan

Blogger ... said...

looks like a pretty full schedule. i'm glad you're feeling good about it all. and i hope you do have a fun year.

Blogger Anna said...

"In the past I would feel that if I wasn't doing 5 days of math OR 3 days of science, I wasn't teaching my children enough. I'm learning to LET GO and LET GOD!"

That is SO true! Thanks for the reminder!

Blogger Susan said...

So wonderful to hear you have the Peace of God. That's always when we know we're right on track and doing what He wants done :o)
Susan

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a wonderful feeling when you feel something come together at last. I'm happy for you. It's my prayer that you have a year filled with blessing and growing, stretching, and wonder filled children who find the Lord in each and every day in some new way.

Blogger Momma Roar said...

I know you typed this up for yourself - but what a huge help for me. I needed to hear that I don't have to fit everything in everyday.

Thank you - you sweetie you!!

Blogger Just Mom said...

Wow, you super busy super mom, you. Great schedule.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your schedule looks great!! Cleaning can be considered Home Economics! lol

Thank you for putting my button on your sidebard! I appreciate you doing that!

Blogger Lori said...

Looks like a great schedule to me.

So glad you have a peace about it too.

You will be busy.

Where did you get your hooked on Phonics books? I'm going to be looking for something to work on with Megan with her reading.

Thank you again for your weekly schedule. You are off to a great start of a wonderful year, enjoy!
Lori

Blogger Disney for Boys said...

Your schedule looks FAB :-) I pray it all works and pans out smoothly for you! Hety let me know when you need the binder too! :-)

Hugs~
Tiany

Blogger Amanda said...

Wowza - you're a busy working woman

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How does school work 6 days a week for you? What do the kiddos think???

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it when a plan comes together.

I was thinking that exact same quote!!!

Great minds think alike. :-)

Blogger Alycia said...

Great post Amber! This was meant for me to read. We are in our third week and I am feeling like we are trying to do too much everyday. It is good to read your post and to consider that we will not have any gaps if we aren't doing every subject everyday. Thank you!

Blogger Mary@notbefore7 said...

YOu go girl! Looks great.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Previous Posts
Archives
Our Homeschool Curriculum
Blogs I Read
How Honored
Oh What Fun
Et cetera
Et cetera, Et cetera
Et cetera, Et cetera, Et cetera
Credits