Saturday, August 18, 2007
Saturday Psalm & Praise



Jacque @ Seeking Rest in the Ancient Paths told me about a meme she had started a few weeks ago called Saturday Psalm and Praise.

To participate, all you have to do is blog about a favorite Psalm, Hymn or Worship Chorus that has spoken to you in the past week. You can just blog the Psalm/song. Then just link to the original Saturday Psalm and Praise post. .

*~ Creed ~*

I believe in God the Father ~ Maker of heaven and earth
And in Jesus Christ His only Son
I believe in the virgin birth
I believe in the Man of Sorrows bruised for iniquities
I believe in the Lamb who was crucified and hung between two thieves
I believe in the resurrection on the third and glorious day
And I believe in the empty tomb and the stone that the angel rolled away
He descended and set the captives free
And now He sits at God's right hand and prepares a place for me


This is my creed - the witness I have heard
The faith that has endured
This truth is assured
Through the darkest ages past
Though persecuted, it will last
And I will hold steadfast to this creed
I believe He sent His Spirit to comfort and to reveal
To lead us into the truth and light, to baptize and to seal
I believe that He will come back the way He went away
And receive us all unto Himself, but no man knows the day
I believe He is the Judge of all men, small and great
The resurrected souls of men receive from Him their fate
Some to death and some to life, some to their reward
Some to sing eternal praise forever to our Lord


Labels:



16 Comments:

I was so glad to get your comment!
Thanks for participating.
I Mr. Linky'd you on my post!

I love your post.

love, J
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/JacqueDixonSoulRestES/375399/

Blogger Susan said...

I believe too!!!!
Susan

Blogger ChicoryChick said...

Me three!

I just found your new blogging hangout! I had begun to think you dropped off the face of the earth!

kayinpa

Blogger ... said...

i love third day's version of this. the words are so powerful.

hope you have a great weekend.

Blogger Lori said...

Beautiful post.

I felt a great calm come over me when seeing your post this AM.

What a neat idea. We are leaving town shortly, otherwise I'd participate. Maybe next week.

I saw your Multi-Tasking icon last night, but didn't check it out- I thought it was late enough by then, I knew I'd be on for another 30m if I went over there!!
;)
I checked it out a minute ago, but I will have to read it a bit more later. At least I got to see a picture of you that isn't in blue!
It looks like a great site, though... I'll have to peruse later.
love, J

Blogger Momma Roar said...

How great - love this idea!

Blogger ChicoryChick said...

You know what is funny.....I didnt realize when I posted the comment about the homeschool post....that this was YOUR blog....LOL!

Blogger Carole Burant said...

Such a beautiful creed! Amber, thank you so much for coming by my blog and leaving a comment:-) I always love reading comments and meeting new people that way!! xo

Blogger MorningSong said...

Great idea and great Creed!

By the way, you almost got me with your delirious post last night! haha

I was SURE it was a joke but didn't 'get' it until I published both comments and saw their order.

You are a nut!! haha

Blogger MorningSong said...

By the way - I may nickname you .50. :) The 'other' 50 cent! You are the 50 cents (with the s).

haha

Blogger Mary@notbefore7 said...

What a great idea! Loved this.

Blogger Just Mom said...

Loved this. :-D

Blogger inspired said...

wow so many believers.. it's good to meet so many believers it's like a little Christian community linked via the internet blog ;o]

Blogger Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Amen! Such a wonderful Creed!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Previous Posts
Archives
Our Homeschool Curriculum
Blogs I Read
How Honored
Oh What Fun
Et cetera
Et cetera, Et cetera
Et cetera, Et cetera, Et cetera
Credits