Friday, August 10, 2007
My Little Hobby
I wanted to originally do a Show & Tell, but couldn't find the wire to my camera to upload something my....well, something, hopefully you'll see next week. Instead I'm going to share a little hobby of mine. I've fiddled around making graphics for a few of my HSB friends. Although I like tinkering with graphics, I did NOT do my own blog, Dawn @ Barefoot Blogs did it for me when I moved to Blogger. I decided to let a REAL designer do it for me after just having a baby. I didn't want to figure out Blogger's html lingO. So Dawn pampered me and I LOVE my blog, I never could have done such a fine of a job that she did. Thank you Dawn!!!

My love for graphic making all began when there was a button making contest called BlubberBloggers over @ HSB, so here is my very first graphic:



Then I started tinkering with graphics for my own blog, this is not the first one I did, but I didn't know how to do a screen shot at the time.



After making graphics for my blog, I wanted to make some for others, because I enjoyed it so much. (Unfortunately I can't show you the first one I did for Michelle which was a "Go Dog Go" theme that I loved, she no longer has it up. She redid her own blog and I think she did a GREAT job!!!

Here are the ones I did, I believe they are in the order I did them in. You can click on them to see the actual site.















This was my very first Blogger project, but I cannot take all the credit,
the very talented Momma Roar helped me and together we designed
the Multi-Tasking Moms blog.



Please pray I find my wire, next week I really want to share with you something very special that was made for me!



8 Comments:

Blogger ... said...

i'm impressed. you could make it more than a hobby if you wanted to. i don't know if it's giving secrets away, but how do you make the graphics? photoshop? or something else? i really like the way the multi-tasking layout looks. do you start from scratch? or what is your inspiration?

you can email me if you want. actually, you don't have to answer me if you don't want. i'm just curious and wish i could do what you call a hobby =]

Blogger Kelli said...

Your designs are wonderful, Amber! I agree with Diana, you could make it more than a hobby. They are very professional looking!
I hope you find your wire so we can see your something special.
Kelli
P.s. Thank you for letting me know the name of my Scottish blouse earlier today. :0)

Blogger Momma Roar said...

You are very talented! And you figured out blogger's html code rather quickly, imho!

All the blogs you've designed are beautiful - just like you! I only helped a little with MTM - I just gave a few suggestions and you figured it all out!

Blogger Kelli said...

Yippee! I'm so glad you found your wire!! Laundry is something I'm never caught up on. :0)
Have a great weekend!
Kelli

Blogger Susan said...

Great, beautiful work Amber. I am literally in awe of you gals that can do all this fancy stuff. Also your willingness to help us that can't. So wonderful.
Susan

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm... you are way too talented to call this a mere hobby, my friend!

I still love my blog. It suits me so well! THANK YOU!

Love,
Marsha-- off to figure out what you mean by wire... I guess I'll see it in an earlier post?

Blogger Lori said...

You are so talented Amber.
All the blogs you designed are beautiful!

Hugs, Lori

Blogger eph2810 said...

I think you are doing beautiful work, Amber :) - Maybe one day you will have a design business :)

I love your own blog's template - you are right, Dawn did an awesome job :)

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Previous Posts
Archives
Our Homeschool Curriculum
Blogs I Read
How Honored
Oh What Fun
Et cetera
Et cetera, Et cetera
Et cetera, Et cetera, Et cetera
Credits