Thursday, August 9, 2007
Blog Virus!!!
I am going to try to explain this the best way I know how, please bear with me.

There's a nice little blog virus lurking in Bloggy Land, if you notice your site or someone elses taking a year and a day to load there maybe a script d5d1.com in your template, if so DELETE IT (ONLY what I highlighted in RED)!! It looks something like this:
<*head*>< *script* src*=*' http:*//d5d1*.com/b'/*>

your code, then


<*body*><*script* src='*http://d5d1*.com/b'/*> without the (*)

Don't delete the head or body, JUST the scripts!!!

To find it press Ctrl + F, type d5d1 and it should highlight.

Be sure to PREVIEW your template before saving!!!!

Also, if you go to someone's blog that does have it, I hate to say this, but do not comment. Try to find a way to let them know, because you could get this virus, even if you deleted it from your blog already, supposedly you can get it again.

If you need more help, I'm not very html/css savvy, but I'll do my best.


10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh No! Thanks for letting us know!

Since I'm here, I just wanted to tell you houw pretty your blog is! It is just so inviting! :o)

Have a good night!

Blogger ... said...

hey amber,

where did you get this info? and when i try to delete it or change the word head to body, blogger says the code is invalid and won't let me change anything.

what do you think?

Blogger Susan said...

Amber I am totally not tech savy. I have noticed the blogs taking so long to load. Can you help me in any way? If you can I surely would appreciate it. E-mail if you'd like. Thanks!!!
Susan

Blogger Just Mom said...

Thanks, Amber.

Blogger Melissa Stover said...

i love it that you know stuff like this and how to fix it.

Blogger Amber said...

Carrie! :o) Thank you, Dawn does beautiful work!

Diana, I'm sorry if my instructions were not clear, don't change <*head*> or <*body*> just remove the scripts.

Susan, I emailed you if you need further help:)

Aisha, your welcome!

Chickadee, you know I'd much rather be making graphics then messin' with html, but somehow I always get sucked back in.

Blogger Lori said...

Thanks for your help. Mine is now back to normal.

Blogger Mary@notbefore7 said...

Thanks! Luckily I didn't have it, but have noticed some slow blogs lately!

Blogger Ruth said...

Thank you. My blog did have it, and I deleted it.

Blogger mommy zabs said...

I found you through Just mom, thanks for letting us know!

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Previous Posts
Archives
Our Homeschool Curriculum
Blogs I Read
How Honored
Oh What Fun
Et cetera
Et cetera, Et cetera
Et cetera, Et cetera, Et cetera
Credits