Friday, September 21, 2007
Excited and......
nErVOuS!

My Sister in law/Best Friend in the world is coming Sunday! I'm excited because I LOVE HER SO MUCH!!! We've been friends since I were 4 years old (I guess that gives you an idea how long DH and I have known each other.) We've gone through SO much together. She's always there for me even though we are miles apart. But for some reason every time she comes I feel a little inadequate. Please don't get me wrong, she doesn't do anything directly to make me feel this way, I somehow do it to myself.

I see how her children eat a variety of vegetable and think "I should make my children eat more vegetables."

Her children go to bed at a descent hour, and I say to myself, "I should make sure mine go to bed at a descent hour."

She's got tons of wonderful, creative ideas, and I wonder, "Why can't I think of great ideas like that?"

I know the Lord LOVES us both and created us all different, but I can't stand feeling this way. I mean we live two different lives, she has three children and I have seven, she's settled and we're months away, but I just can't seem to shake it.

I don't know, maybe it's just the thought of 15 people and ONE bathroom rackin' my brain, but I'm always up for a challenge;)

If you don't mind, please say a little prayer for me, so this feeling goes away and I can just enjoy our time together. I really do love our time together and so do the children!!!

Labels:



17 Comments:

Blogger Carole Burant said...

Good morning Amber:-) Oh dear, I know exactly how you're feeling as I sometimes go through that too when some of my relatives come to visit...for some reason I always feel so inadequate. I guess it's just human nature but it's not a pleasant feeling. I bet if you told your SIL how you feel, she'd say that she sometimes wishes she was more like YOU...as I said, just human nature:-) Just be yourself and enjoy having their company!! xox

Blogger Susan said...

Everythings going to be fine and its going to be a wonderful time for ALL of you :o) That's what I'm praying!!!
Susan

Blogger Lori said...

I will say a prayer for you Amber.
I am sure that you will have a wonderful time.
I bet you have talents that she doesn't...
Have a wonderful time visiting.

Blogger Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Hope you have a great time with her and I am sure once they arrive everything will be fine! Praying for you and a wonderful visit!

Blogger Short Stop said...

Saying a prayer for you! :) I bet you'll have a GREAT time together!! :)

Blogger Just Mom said...

You'll have lots of fun.
R-E-L-A-X. ;-D

Blogger Unknown said...

Just have fun, and know that some prayers have been sent up for you girl!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I said a prayer for you. I hope that you will all enjoy your visit together.

Take care,
Karen
http://thetagblog.blogspot.com/

Blogger Melissa Markham said...

Amber,

I sometimes do the same thing to myself as well with different friends. I hear how well they seem to be managing all the things in their life and I wonder the same, but then I realize there are a lot of things I do that they don't. Do you compare your children to other children? Or do you look at each of their wonderful abilities separately and say they are terrific for who they are? Shouldn't you love yourself the same way?!

Saying a pray for peace and that you will have a blast!

Blogger inspired said...

;o]
have a blest time ;]

Blogger Tarrah said...

I'll be praying for you! Have a wonderful time and don't compair yourself. It's too hard to get cought up in that, I do it all the time. But I have realized all mothers have their certain gifts and not every kid is the same. You are a wonderful mother and with that many children I think you have to be a little more laid back :).
Have a wonderful time!
Did you get my email? I havn't heard back from you & just wanted to make sure.

Oh boy, do I do that too!
It is an awful feeling and in the end, it is just a fiery dart of the enemy to cause you trouble.
Hang in there and pray through it, girl. Acknowledgement is half the battle. Hugs to you and praying that you will have an amazing time being confident in your Lord.

Blogger Jaeda said...

Wow, I know exactly how you feel. I do that too! I will definitely pray for you, let us know how it goes!

Blogger MorningSong said...

Praying for you to relax and enjoy your friend. I pray that the measuring line will be removed from your eyes. I pray you will stop measuring yourself to her and enjoy your time together.

In Jesus name!
Amen

Blogger KarenW said...

15 people and one bathroom - oh my that is a challenge! I know you'll have a great time together.

Blogger Mrs. Breum said...

Everyone has their own special gifts! Enjoy your weekend.

Blogger Amber said...

I want to thank everyone for their prayers! I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time and I'll try to keep you posted:)

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Previous Posts
Archives
Our Homeschool Curriculum
Blogs I Read
How Honored
Oh What Fun
Et cetera
Et cetera, Et cetera
Et cetera, Et cetera, Et cetera
Credits