Tuesday, October 23, 2007
They've only just begun
Alrighty, I've been tryin' to post since Saturday, but things just keep happening.

My mother-in-law is trying to come visit us again, 3 birthdays are about to hit next month with Thanksgiving thrown in between, so I'm preparing ahead a time, and I'm trying to keep up with school, but it's kinda distracting for the youngins (and me) when we keep hearing big machines knocking down trees.....which leads me to what I've been wanting to post about.

A few weeks ago, I mentioned that we're Breaking Ground, we'll here's where it's gonna be.

It may not look like it, but this is over a 150 ft. slope. Somehow they are gonna flip this mountain upside down, flatten it and build a cabin on it.


It's hard for me to visualize all this, but my hubby can see it. I can however show you the view we'll have. (I took these last Tuesday before the construction began.)


It's almost like touching heaven!!!


After many weeks months of waiting, this little guy showed up.

And ever since then they've been digging dirt and clearing trees.

Nothing too exciting has happened yet, but tomorrow the bulldozer is coming and that's when the REAL action is supposed to begin. In the mean time here's a few shots of what they've been doing.



I know it's not much to look at, but I did get some better shots today...I forgot to take pics yesterday:( you'd think I would have learned from my last experience to always have my camera. Hopefully I can update ya'll soon and stop by to say hello. I MISS EVERYONE!!!

Before I head off I wanted to share one last picture. It's not great, (I'm NO photographer) but I thought it was purdy:D

**YOU CAN CLICK THE PICTURES TO ENLARGE THEM**

Labels:



17 Comments:

Blogger ... said...

wow! what a view!! so, do you live next to this property that you can hear the construction? and when do you guys think the cabin will be completed? and your last picture is very purdy =]

i know you're busy. hope you're feeling like you're keeping your head above water. take care of yourself.

Blogger Amber said...

yes Diana, we do. It's actually on the same property, but we had to subdivide the property for zoning reasons since there was a house already on the property.

As far as when the cabin will be built, it'll depend on when they actually finish the grading...they guestimate 3 weeks, but I've heard too many "It'll only take....." and then ends up taking longer. After the grading is done they say it'll take a min. of 8 months before it's done, so hopefully sometime next year we'll be moved in...if it's God's will.

Blogger Melissa Stover said...

that is going to be fabulous! what a view! those are great pictures. building a home is such an exciting (and stressful) time.

Blogger Lori said...

Oh how exciting for you.
That is a fabulous view.
Can't wait to see more pictures.

Blogger Just Mom said...

Looks like heaven on earth to me.

Thanks for posting an update. I've been wondering how you've been doing.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa... BEAUTIFUL!!!

Blogger Jamie said...

Hello, thanks for stopping by!!

That is such a beautiful place to build a cabin! How exciting!! We have something in common. We are going to build our home starting in April 2008!!

Have a great day!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very purdy indeed. Sounds like lots of excitement will be going on for quite a while!

Blogger Mary@notbefore7 said...

Yippee! it begins! Such a gorgeous piece of land. I bet you all can't wait.

Thinking about ya!

Blogger Mary@notbefore7 said...

I'd love to reply to your comments...are you a no-reply on purpose?

If not and you want me to be able to (and others) go to your "edit profile" and check the box that says show email address. THEN, I can write you back!!!!

Blogger Susan said...

It is beautiful!!!!
Susan

Blogger Momma Roar said...

I tried leaving a comment this morning - but couldn't so I'm BAAaaack!

Very purdy pictures Amber :D

It looks like a great place - I hope you'll post pictures along the way.

I agree with Mary - put your address on your profile so I can reply back to your awesome comments without having to try to email you separately!

Amber I am so happy for you. What a beautiful place to call home.
Lori

Blogger Tarrah said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you! Isn't it amazing how big machinery can completly change the ground you see.

It's going to be amazing to watch your new home go up. Congrats!

Ps. sorry it's been so long since I've come by, I'll get better soon :)

Blogger MorningSong said...

How lovely!! LOoks like plenty of space for your family to explore and have great fun!!

Congrats!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you know my one weakness... a GOOD CUP OF JOE! LOL

Blogger momanna98 said...

What a gorgeous view!! I'm so jealous!

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Previous Posts
Archives
Our Homeschool Curriculum
Blogs I Read
How Honored
Oh What Fun
Et cetera
Et cetera, Et cetera
Et cetera, Et cetera, Et cetera
Credits