Friday, July 6, 2007
Mid-Year Resolution
I was reading THIS POST @ Just Mom's Musings the other day and she got me thinking, "What have I accomplished this year?" I know one thing on my New Year's Resolution list was to become more organized, but I can't even find the journal that I wrote it in, therefore I'm blogging a Mid-Year Resolution and if any of you want to join me, please be my guest.

1. Grow closer to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

2. Spend more individual time with my children.
I feel they need it with the new baby taking up a lot of my time now.

3. Be more patient and understanding.

4. Become more organized; make weekly dinner menus and school schedules.
I notice when I have both of these things done, the week runs more smoothly.

5. Keep up with the laundry and house cleaning...I'm not expecting miracles.

6. Eat healthier foods and less Nutter Butters.

7. Try to blog walk at least 3-4 times a week.


I pray that the Lord will guide me what needs to be accomplished in His time and not mine. That He will direct me in all things. And when I do them, I do them with happiness and joy in my heart. ~Amen.

Labels:



11 Comments:

Blogger eph2810 said...

Amen to your prayer, Amber. I really need to start walking again too.

Blessings to you and yours...

Blogger Just Mom said...

"I know one thing on my New Year's Resolution list was to become more organized, but I can't even find the journal that I wrote it in..."

Oh my word! That had me rolling on the floor. Love the list. You've inspired me to try again with my resolutions. :-D

Blogger Kelley said...

What a a wonderful post Amber!
I have fallen short on my resolutions and need to restart...
You have inspired me!

Blogger momanna98 said...

Hey! It's nice to read your blogs again! I'm glad you moved, because I couldn't read your new posts for some reason. I am so jealous of your new baby! I makes me want one.... Too bad I can't just come over and get my baby fix from your little guy.

Blogger Momma Roar said...

A great list - funny too!

"but I can't even find the journal that I wrote it in"

LOL - And I didn't have anything to do with that! :D

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a great idea to look at our goals throughout the year and see how we're doing...especially in light of what the Lord wants us to accomplish.

Great list...except maybe the one about less Nutter Butters. I see nothing wrong with them! ;o)

Thanks for stopping by my blog. This is my first visit to yours and I enjoyed it immensely. Beautiful design. I even took your fun quiz...didn't do too hot, but it was fun nonetheless!

Have a blessed weekend.

Blogger Lyndy said...

Amber, what a wonderful post. I too have fallen short on my resolutions and need to restart. Thanks for the push of inspiration.

Have a blessed weekend.

~Lyndy~

Blogger ... said...

new year's resolutions in july... wow! never thought to do that. maybe a good idea - maybe not :D

your #7 cracked me up.

Blogger Susie said...

Hi Amber,
Just wanted to say thanks for visiting! I think July is a perfect time to revisit our New Year's resolutions. We walk every day, and find it a good time to just enjoy each other's company!
:)

Blogger Always the Clay said...

I'm inclined to say "resolution-shmezolution" but it is SO good to self evaluate periodically. Thanks Am!
~jen

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to add it to my reader. But, alas, I can't find your rss feed.

your blog is pretty--in more ways than one. ;)

if you add/find your rss feed, please let me know.

Post a Comment

Home

About Me
Previous Posts
Archives
Our Homeschool Curriculum
Blogs I Read
How Honored
Oh What Fun
Et cetera
Et cetera, Et cetera
Et cetera, Et cetera, Et cetera
Credits